Solid Edge 2020 for Designers textbook introduces the readers to Solid Edge 2020, one of the world's leading parametric solid modeling packages. Consisting of 15 chapters, the book covers the Part, Assembly, Drafting, and Sheet Metal environments of Solid Edge 2020. Both synchronous and ordered environments are discussed throughout this book. Also, 3D sketching is discussed in both synchronous and ordered environments. 3D sketching combines the speed and flexibility of modeling with precise control on dimension driven designs, thereby providing tremendous productivity gains over traditional methods. The author emphasizes on the solid modeling and editing techniques that enhance the productivity and efficiency of the users. In addition, chapters have tutorials and exercises that are based on the tools discussed in the chapter to help users initially learn the tools and concepts and then understand their practical usage and working.
- Comprehensive coverage of Solid Edge 2020 concepts and techniques
- Detailed explanation of all commands and tools
- Tutorial approach to explain concepts
- Hundreds of illustrations for easy understanding of concepts
- Step-by-step instructions to guide the users through the learning process
- Additional information throughout the book in the form of notes and tips
- Real world mechanical engineering designs as tutorials, exercises, and projects
- Self-Evaluation Tests and Review Questions for tests
Chapter 2: Drawing Sketches
Chapter 3: Adding Relationships and Dimensions to Sketches
Chapter 4: Editing, Extruding, and Revolving the Sketches
Chapter 5: Working with Additional Reference Geometries
Chapter 6: Advanced Modeling Tools-I
Chapter 7: Editing Features
Chapter 8: Advanced Modeling Tools-II
Chapter 9: Advanced Modeling Tools-III
Chapter 10: Assembly Modeling-I
Chapter 11: Assembly Modeling-II
Chapter 12: Generating, Editing, and Dimensioning Drawing Views
Chapter 13: Surface Modeling
Chapter 14: Sheet Metal Design
Chapter 15: Introduction to Convergent Modeling
CADCIM Technologies provides the following free teaching and learning resources with this textbook:
- Technical support by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- Part files used in tutorials, exercises*, and illustrations.
- Instructor Guide with solution to all review questions and instructions to create the models for exercises*
- Additional learning resources at http://allaboutcadcam.blogspot.com and youtube.com/cadcimtech
About the Authors:
CADCIM Technologies, Prof. Sham Tickoo of Purdue University Northwest, and the team of dedicated contributing authors at CADCIM Technologies are committed to bring you the best textbooks, eBooks, free teaching and learning resources on CAD/CAM/CAE, GIS, Civil, Animation & VFX, and related technologies. We strive to be the first and the best. That is our promise and goal.
Our team of authors consists of highly qualified and experienced Engineers and Programmers who have a strong academic and industrial background. They understand the needs of the students, the faculty, and the challenges our students face when they start working in industry. All our books have been structured in a way that facilitates teaching and learning, and also exposes students to real-world applications. The textbooks, apart from providing comprehensive study material, are well appreciated for the simplicity of content, clarity of style, and the in-depth coverage of the subject.